We are almost done with our featured 6 style personalities.
Today I will be reviewing the style personality of the dramatic fashion style AKA (Bold Artistic Maven).
Not many women dare to be as experimental and adventurous in their choice of wardrobe and accessories as dramatic fashion style aka (the Bold Artistic Maven). You are artistically intuitive by nature; thus, you tend to gravitate toward eccentric, rare fashion and style pieces that are reflective of your natural ability to make a style statement wherever you go. Intense, contrasting colours are your go to palette and your overall look comes to life in structured silhouettes that are edgy and contemporary. You are a master manipulator of mixing textures, patterns and colours together to make any outfit pop among a crowd of people. Your shoes are always of the best quality and you are most likely to experiment with bold lips, intense eyes and short-mid length hairstyles that highlight your features. Fabrics that look amazing on this style archetype include: leather, rich velvet’s, and suede
However, before we start I would like to preface this article by stating that you may not fall neatly into any one specific style personality. Interestingly, you may intersect with 2 or 3 alternative style personalities that suit your personal style preferences. If you would like to learn and discover more about your style personality I highly suggest you review the Essence of Style Development Program which I have created to coach and assist women in exploring and redefining their personal style.
* Defining your style: If there is one thing that is a definite give away that you are dramatic fashion style (Bold Artistic Maven) is the fact that you like to make an entrance wherever you go and your outfit is always the focal point, in a good way. You love expressing your individuality and experimenting with various textures, layering and colours.
* Defining your style: The dramatic fashion style personality (bold style) works best with outfits that are edgy, structured and contemporary; however, eclectic is another aspect of the Bold Artistic Maven because you are fluid in your clothing choices. Perhaps one day you maybe feeling a little rock and roll and the next you feel slightly hippie. As a Bold style personality you can easily transition from one style inspiration to the next because you can naturally pull off bold or eclectic looks effortlessly.
* Defining your style: Fashion, beauty and style is art to you. You may have a traditional 9-5 job, but in your spare time you are following the latest trends via instagram, magazines and simply admiring your favorite celebrities.
* Defining your style: The Bold Artistic Maven can easily be adapted into your work wardrobe by sparingly adding unique, bold accessory items, shoes or an artistic handbag to your overall look. The trick is not to overdo when show casing your eclectic or bold style personality in a corporate professional environment because you do not want to come off as overpowering and negatively dominant; thus unapproachable.
* Note: There are variations of the Bold Artistic Maven – Elegant, Dramatic, Artistic, Rocker etc. However, the main reference point is strong, authoritative, bold and eclectic.
* Defining your style: When applying makeup, enhancing your eyes (smoky grey or black) with nude lips is always a classic look for the Bold style personality. Stay away from the 80s application of makeup if you are attempting to make a bold statement. That was then, this is now. Instead, use inspiration from this era; for bold lips utilize pops of colour that work well with this style personality, just remember to keep the rest of your makeup neutral and fresh.
Ladies, if you would like to explore and learn more about your authentic style personality, please do take a few extra minutes to review the Essence of Style Development Program
If you are interested in learning more about developing your personal style to authentically align with the essence of who you are, I encourage you to check out the following Intro Style Metamorphosis Coaching Sessions I offer to women who are ready to transition their image and personal style with VISION and PASSION.
Melissa .T. Jarred is a certified Toronto Image Consultant and Personal Stylist who works with women expeiencing life transitions who feel deep within their soul that it is time to not only up-level and overhaul their entire life, but to also revamp their image and personal style to authentically align and reflect with the new changes that are emerging in your life.